Diamond, as he appears in the manga.
|Name in Kanji||ダイヤ|
|Name in Romaji||Daiya|
|Position(s)||Retainer of KING|
|Appearances||Manga (ch. 4), Anime (ep. 3), Rei Gaiden (ch. 18)|
Daisuke Gōri (anime)|
Riichi Nishimoto (Sega fighting game)
Peter Spellos (anime dub)
- Diamond (ダイヤ Daiya)
- A Kingsman who specializes in bōjutsu and wears clown-like makeup. After the death of Spade, King orders Diamond and his men to murder innocent villagers in order to draw out Kenshiro. He forces a young girl to support her father on her shoulders, who has a noose around his neck, to keep him from being hanged. Kenshiro puts an end to the torture and fights Diamond, killing him with the Koushu Hagan Ken (Face Breaking Fist).
- In the anime series, he is the Jack of Diamond. In another change from the manga, he and his men are forcing a man to aim a bow and arrow at his own son in William Tell fashion. Kenshiro saves the boy by using Nishi Shinku Ha to catch the arrow before it can hit him before sending it back into the shoulder of the father's tormentor, one of Diamond's men.
Other Material Edit
- Together with Club, Diamond starred in the short story, Recollection of Heavy Metal. It is said his real name was Takashi Yamamura (山村たかし) and that he ran a heavy metal band with Club prior to the apocalypse.
Video games Edit
- Hokuto No Ken 3 features Diamond as a random encounter in KING palace.
- The Master system game has Diamond as the second miniboss in Shin's stage.
- Diamond is represented by a generic spear commander in Shin Hokuto Muso.
- Diamond's torture of the young girl and her father is a shout-out to villain Frank's most sadistic act from the old western Once Upon a Time in the West.
From Hokuto no Ken: Kyūkyoku Kaisetsusho: Seikimatsu Haō Retsuden.
- Level: E
- Power: 2
- Speed: 3
- Skills: 2
- Looks: 2
- Charisma: 2