Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden
|Release date(s)|| JP February 15, 1989|
Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden (ファミコンジャンプ 英雄列伝 Famikon Janpu Hīrō Retsuden, "Famicom Jump: History of Heroes") is an action role-playing game produced by Bandai that was released for the Family Computer on February 15, 1989. The game, which was produced to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Weekly Jump,is a crossover of 16 different titles from the magazine's past and present at the time of its release, including Hokuto no Ken. The game's plot involves a young reader of Jump who is transported into the Jump universe in order to save from a gang of villains by the Evil King Piccolo (from Dragon Ball). Due to the nature of the game, only elements specific to Hokuto no Ken in the game are covered in this article.
Hokuto no Ken characters in the gameEdit
- Kenshirō - Ken is one of the sixteen heroes who joins the player's party. He can be recruited in Area 1 by going to his supposed grave at Hour 22.
- Hyoh - A sub-boss at Kaioh's castle, he holds the key to Lin's cell.
- Kaioh - The boss of Area 1. The player will fight him as Kenshirō in a one-on-one fighting game-style battle.
- Raoh - One of the thirteen rivals who will challenge the player's party during the RPG-like final battle. Raoh is the penultimate enemy in the game, next to Ma Junior (the reincarnated Piccolo).
- Lin - She is kept prisoner inside Kaioh's Castle until she is rescued by Ken and the player.
- Akashachi - He can be found standing in front of the public phone at Harbor City. He provides the player with a replacement Nyoibō (Son Goku's staff).