|Hokuto Hachimon Kudan|
北斗 八 悶 九断
|Romaji||Hokuto Hachimon Kudan|
|English||Big Dipper Eight Agonies Nine Breaks|
|School||Hokuto Shin Ken|
- (北斗八悶九断 Eight Agonies Nine Breaks )
- A technique that is said to inflict eight sensations of pain on the victim before their body dismembers into nine parts. Kenshiro used this technique on Jagi during their initial clash, only to cancel it at the last moment.
- Despite this, Jagi was left in a constant state of pain and had to install a metal plate on his head to prevent it from exploding.
Appears in Edit
- Original Manga
- Original Anime
- 1986 movie
- Kenshiro inflicts this on Jagi in a flashback. In the present, Kenshiro kills Jagi by knocking off the plate and finishing the technique he started resulting in Jagi's body exploding into chunks.
- Video games
- In Hokuto no Ken 3, the ability of the technique to inflict eight sensations of suffering is explained in the guide. Kenshiro can use the technique on Taiga to reduce his lifebar.
- The technique is usable by player characters in Hokuto no Ken Online.
- The eight agonies is a reference to the Eight Sufferings in buddhism. The sufferings are listed as
- Loss of loved ones
- Personal foes
- Unfulfilled desires and dreams
- Pain from the five perceptions.