Hokuto no Ken ONLINE
|Publisher(s)||Gung-Ho Online Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||July 24, 2008|
|System requirements|| Windows 2000/XP/Vista (with Direct 9.0c or above)
|Input methods||Keyboard + Mouse|
Hokuto no Ken Online (北斗の拳 ONLINE) was an MMORPG produced by GungHo Online Entertainment. The game was set in the post-apocalyptic world of the Hokuto no Ken franchise as players fight to survive. There are several character classes to choose from, including a Hokuto Shin Ken follower, a Nanto Sei Ken student. Characters from the manga appear in the game as well, allowing players to challenge them. The combat system utilizes a unique control system which recognizes mouse gestures as inputs.
The game was first announced by GungHo in a press release on June 29, 2005, with a teaser site launched on October 27, 2006. The game underwent numerous periods of both, private and public beta testing before the general public servers were opened on July 24, 2008. An expansion was launched on March 26, 2009 titled Hokuto no Ken Online Heroes (北斗の拳ONLINE HEROES), which introduced various gameplay refinements, most notably a Hero System that allowed random players the option to control major characters from the manga in place of their own avatar.
However, due to negative reviews the game never maintained a solid userbase and the official servers were discontinued on September 30, 2009.
- Zeed - Leader of the Z gang.
- Jera - Zeed's woman. Game original character.
- Spade, Diamond, Club, and Heart - The Four Devas of the King organization.
- Hotzura - A member of King who has lost his memories.
- Jackal - The man who deceives even God himself
- Jill - Jackal's woman. Game original character.
- Fox - Jackal's right-hand man.
- Hawk - Leader of one of Jackal's platoons.
- Scorpio - A former professional boxer working for Jackal. Originally an unnamed character from the manga.
- Hiru - The leader of a group of fugitives from Villainy Prison.
- Gisatsu - A lackey of Jagi who claims to have learned Hokuto Shin Ken from him. Originally an unnamed character in the manga.
- Kubaru - A lackey of Jagi who executes people by beheading them with a saw. Originally an unnamed character in the manga.
- Shitotsu - Captain of Jagi's Control Division.
- Seeker - Ken-oh's reconnaissance man.
- Gallon - Leader of Ken-oh's Invasion Squad.
- Org - Sub-leader of Ken-oh's Invasion Squad.
- Gien - Leader of Ken-oh's Defense Squad.
- Shark - Guardian of a Water Reservoir. He appears to be the same character who kills Taki in the manga.
- Keioh, Yaoji, and Naidara - The Three Arhats of the Three Mountains School (三山流三羅漢 Sanzan-Ryū San Rakan ). Game original characters.
- Shibiru - Boss of the Jadō Ken school (邪道拳頭首 Jadō Ken Tōshu )
- Orān, Sahari, Fufu, Nogon, and Infuru - The Five Masters of Jadō Ken (邪道拳五連衆 Jadō Ken Gorenshu ).