|The Great King of Kiba|
King of Kiba, as he appears in the manga.
|Name in Kanji||牙大王|
|Name in Romaji||Kiba Daiō|
|Alternate spelling(s)||Fang, King Fang, Boss Fang|
|Fighting Style||Kazan Kakuteigi|
|Family||Kemada, Madara, Gibara, Gojiba (sons)|
|Position(s)||Chief of the Kiba Clan|
|Appearances||Manga (ch. 30-37), Anime (ep. 24-29)|
Kōhei Fukuhara (Hokuto Musou)
Simon Prescott (TV series dub)
James Avery (1986 film dub)
- Kiba Daiō (牙大王, "Great Fang King", also known as "Boss Fang" or the "King of Kiba")
- The leader of the Fang Clan and master of Kazan Kakuteigi (華山角抵戯, "Huashan Horn Wrestling"). He is the patriarch of the Fang Clan and known as "Father" (親父, oyaji) to his sons. He places so much value onto his own "children" that when a group of them are killed, he laments their deaths and retaliates by murdering a group of peasants as vengeance. However, he is not above sacrificing his sons to save his own life, arguing that as long as he survives he can propagate their kind.
- During his war with Mamiya and her village, he clashes with Kenshiro and Rei who had been hired as mercenaries to protect the townsfolk. He tries to make Kenshiro and Rei kill each other by taking Airi, and then Mamiya, as hostages. Kenshiro and Rei fool him into releasing the women by faking their own deaths.
- Ultimately, Kiba Daioh faces off with Kenshiro and uses the Kazan Kogai Koho technique to turn his body into steel. Kenshiro counteracts the technique by striking a vital point that changes Kiba Daioh's body into mush, and demonstrates this by beating him with a iron girder. Kiba Daioh attempts to throw an explosive, however, as Kenshiro's attack has the added effect of stiffening the muscles, Kiba Daioh finds himself unable to release the bomb. After losing his arm to the explosion, he charges blindly into Kenshiro's Ganzan Ryōzan Ha and meets his end.
- In the television series, after Kenshiro delivers the finishing blow, Kiba Daioh falls into the lava pit below.
- In the theatrical movie, Kiba Daioh makes an extended cameo as a rival warlord who defends his territory against Raoh. He massacres part of Raoh's army in his steel body form, until he is killed by Raoh's touki blast, destroying him on the inside.
From Hokuto no Ken: Kyūkyoku Kaisetsusho: Seikimatsu Haō Retsuden.
- Level: C
- Power: 4
- Speed: 2
- Skills: 3
- Looks: 2
- Charisma: 3
- Kiba Daiō was originally nameless in the manga. The introduction of Vol. 5 of the Jump Comics edition referred to his character as "Chief of the Kiba Clan" (牙一族・族長 Kiba Ichizoku Zokuchō). The name Kiba Daiō was introduced for the character in the Hokuto no Ken television series and has been adopted in later subsequent media since. In the guidebook Kyūkyoku Kaisetsu - Seikimatsu Haō Retsuden, he is given the English title of the King of Kiba (also used in the Punch Mania arcade game). In the English version of Hokuto Musō he is instead called Boss Fang.
- Kiba Daioh appears to be visually based on the pirate leader played by Dick Wei in the movie, Project A.