The Land of Asura (修羅の国, Shura no Kuni) is a country featured in Hokuto no Ken and Souten no Ken, located near the Sea of Death. It is the birthplace of the Hokuto, Nanto and Gento Kō Ken martial arts. Once a part of China, Shura no Kuni became a violent country ruled by warlords. Male Shura receive a spartan upbringing, learning only how to fight and kill. Only 1% of Shura boys reach adulthood. Females can only hope to become a wife of a Shura, as there is no other option for them.
- It is an isolationist nation-- no one is allowed to enter or leave the country. Violation of this law is an automatic death sentence. The Asura live in fear of the Rakshasa (羅刹 Rasetsu), the legendary Asura-devouring beast whose identity Shachi has adopted.
- The army of the country is the strongest army in the series even outmatches Raoh, Souther, Shin and Jakoh troop even the strongest master of Gento likes Falco has some trouble fighting an average soldier. However, they mostly act like the common thug in the series since they use most of their muscle not their brain.
- Despite the fact that almost all Shura are completely heartless and brutal, there are still some Shura who still have some kindness and humanity in them likes Nagato, his men and Hyo(before his corruption).
- After Kaioh's death, the Shura was wiped out by the Hokuto army and the rebel villager.
A caste system in in place in Shura no Kuni.
- Rashō (羅将, Supreme Leader): Three warlords that rule the land.
- Gunshō (郡将, District Leader): District commanders.
- Shura (修羅 Asura): Main warrior caste.
- Boro (ボロ Rags) : The lowest caste, similar to the ancient Helots.
- Ara Shōkon (愛羅承魂): A statement of victory. - Alf
- Da (咑):A kiai
- Fun (憤): An exclamation of anger. - Kaio
- Funha (噴破): Destruction - Shachi
- Funso Soku (憤詛熄): An exclamation of anger. - Alf
- Hanra Hamida Abutetora (凡羅破魅陀亜仏弟斗羅) - Nameless Asura
- Húhŭ (狐虎): Fox Tiger (Password to Leia's school) - Tao
- Katsu (喝): Shout - Kenshiro
- Ketsukō Shusei Yōseikuntō Shibi Taitei Sanrei Seikun Kōseikundo Kōryōdaijin (闕皇主星曜星君東紫微大帝産霊星君喉星君土皇良大神) - Jukei
- Om (ༀ) - Jukei
- Pá (爬): Crawl, Climb - Boro
- Páo (袍): Cloak - Boro
- Pŏ (頗): Uneven - Boro
- Sai (砕): Smash - Kuroyasha
- Sǎn (散): Scatter - Boro
- Shā (殺): Kill - Kaiser
- Tahlon (大老): Master - Hyo
- Vajra: diamond thunderbolt - Jukei
- Wúcáo (吾曹): We - Boro
- Zhǎn (斬): Decapitate - Kaiser